It's getting colder and colder here in the woods of the Pacific Northwest, but we're keeping the fire stoked and the candles lit to stave off the encroaching darkness.
It's been a busy few months for me with a good deal of distance traveled and music made. Here's a quick recap.
- Traveled to Leaky, TX to provide music for a contemplative retreat at Laity Lodge with my good friend Claire Holley.
- Finished recording and mixing my next full length record with Joel Hamilton at Studio G, in Brooklyn. It's going to be called "Arc" and it's really good.
- Played a record release show with Sara Groves Nashville, TN with the musicians who made up the core band on her beautiful new record Flooplain.
- Spent 48 hrs in Portland with Chris Benson and the fellows from Ronin Guitars drinking coffee, eating vegan food, and punishing our ears with a bevy of beautiful instruments and amps. They made me an outrageous parlor sized acoustic with a goldfoil pickup built in. Video coming soon.
- Improvised my way through two Live Atmospheres shows at the Storyville Coffee Roasting Studio on Bainbridge Island. The December edition featured my dream trio with Steve Moore and James McAlister.
- Launched a pre-release of Spirits Drifted, an EP document of my all analog collaboration with Austin Willis. It comes out on 12/5/2016. In the meantime you can listen to some of it and pre-order the vinyl edition by using the player below.