Is it a TOUR? Or is it just a guy driving around with a lot of gear in his car?
I don't know! You'll have to come see me play in order to find out!
Next week I'm embarking on a short solo tour. Here's a list of dates, places, and times:
- 8/19/16 - Fly Awake Tea Garden - Portland, OR @ 7pm - Free! (Kung Fury plays at 6:30)
- 8/21/16 - Kauer/Rhoney Guitars Shop - Sacramento, CA @ 8pm (TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE)
- 8/22/16 - Y2K16 Looping Fest - Santa Cruz, CA @ 4pm
- 8/28/16 - Ronin Guitars Shop - Eureka, CA @ 8pm - More info coming soon
- 8/29/16 - House Show - Ashland, OR - (TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE)
My friend Alex Callenberger drew this delightful poster for the Portland show, where I'll be playing after a screening of Kung Fury. I have no idea what this is going to do to my performance, but I would suggest not standing to close to me in case I start doing some jump kicks.
I hope to see you at some of these shows! Come listen and say hello!
In other news, I'll also be recording an album of my ambient work while I'm on this run. I'm looking forward to capturing a taste of what I've been working on for the past few years. Stay tuned to my Facebook and Instagram feeds for updates and live broadcasts from that process.
Lastly, please enjoy this clip of some recent "guitar discovery time," AKA "Dan finds a moment of solace while making a great deal of noise."
Warmest regrards, Dan.